Specification: CAMBRIDGE CIE 9389
The Cambridge A Level History syllabus examines major global issues of the nineteenth and twentieth centuries, covering the history of particular regions in more depth. Historical knowledge and understanding together with the skills required for historical research are emaphasised.
Cause and effect, continuity and change, similarity and difference and how to use and understand historical evidence as part of their studies are explored.
The subject is suited to students already interested in the past. It providies a basis for further study, and also encourages lifelong interest in the subject.
PREPARES STUDENTS FOR TOP UNIVERSITIES / CAREERS - LIMITED PLACES EVERY YEAR - REGISTER FOR NEXT TERM
Teacher assessments are continuous during LIVE TAUGHT lessons, marking of coursework and assignments and summative tests.
Homework will be given at the end of each week, usually as the form of a short essay, research activity or source analysis.
Parents have 24 /7 access to all of their children's coursework. Additionally the school holds 3 parent consultaions per year - one each term.
The syllabus aims to develop:
• an interest in the past and an appreciation of human endeavour
• a greater knowledge and understanding of historical periods or themes
• a greater awareness of historical concepts such as cause and effect similarity and difference, and change and continuity
• an appreciation of the nature and diversity of historical sources available and the methods used by historians
• an exploration of a variety of approaches to different aspects of history and different interpretations of particular historical issues
• the ability to think independently and make informed judgements on issues
• an empathy with people living in different places and at different times
• a firm foundation for further study of History
Head of History: Miss. Harrison
Registered as parent company Cambridge Online Education Ltd on the UK's register of learning providers.
Provider No. 10033485
Chivers Way, Histon
T. 0800 612 0439 intl. +44 800 612 0439
CHS is operated by a fully incorporated company Cambridge Online Education Ltd.
Listed at Companies House.
Company No. 06594953